Curriculum Leaflets 2017/18
- Animals and their habitats
- Animals, including humans
- Properties and changes of materials
- Earth and space
- Life in London during the Elizabethan times: pupils will focus on the life of Shakespeare and entertainment and past times.
- Non-European Ancient civilisations: Ancient Maya
- Name and locate cities and geographical features in the UK.
- Identify the position and significance of the Prime/Greenwich Meridian and time zones.
- Understand geographical similarities and differences through the study of London and a region in America.
- Describe and understand: biomes, vegetation belts, land use, economic activity and distribution of resources.
- Use four figure grid references on OS maps, and understand the symbols used.
- Use fieldwork to record and explain areas.
- Use running, jumping, catching and throwing in isolation and in combination.
- Play competitive games.
- Develop flexibility and control in gym, dance and athletics.
- Compare performances to achieve personal bests.
- Year 5 will develop these skills through gymnastic, dance, games and athletics.
- Listen and engage.
- Engage in conversations, expressing opinions.
- Speak in simple sentences and be understood.
- Develop appropriate pronunciation.
- Present ideas and information orally.
- Show understanding in simple reading.
- Adapt known language to create new ideas. Describe people, places and things.
- Understand basic grammar.
- Develop positive learning behaviours.
- Understand how to lead a healthy and safe lifestyle.
- Build aspirations for a successful future.
- Understand how to make a positive contribution to society.
- Understand the world around me.
- Develop positive relationships with those around me