All children have the opportunity to go swimming at the Castle Leisure Centre, Elephant and Castle, and are taught by qualified swimming instructors. All children are assessed and grouped at their first session.
Swimming forms part of the P.E curriculum for children in Key stage 1 and / or Key stage 2.
Pupils are taught to:
- Swim competently and confidently
- use a range of strokes eg. front crawl, back stroke and breaststroke
- Perform safe self-rescue
Children at Crampton are expected to:
- Attend every session and are expected to come with their full kit
- Wear a swimming hat. This is for safety and hygiene reasons.
- Girls - Swimming costume (No Bikini's)
- Boys - Swimming trunks (No Bermuda style shorts)
- No Jewellery
- No creams or talcum powders except for medical reasons and prescribed by the GP or Nurse