Learning Journey: Ancient Greece
In Science we will:
- Learn about Light
- Recognise that light appears to travel in straight Iines and in waves.
- Explain that objects are seen because they give out or reflect light into the eye.
- Explain why shadows have the same shape as the objects that cast them.
In History we will:
- Understand the development of democracy and government.
- Learn about Greek philosophy and debate, including the work of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle.
- Understand the impact of Greek Myths (and the Olympian Gods), drama and literature on the modern world, including studying The Odyssey and epic poetry.
- Explain the expansion and fall of the Greek Empire through a study of Alexander the Great.
- Explore styles of war and warfare, including a study of the Trojan War.
In Music we will:
- Identify pitch and tempo in listened to pieces
- Through improvising and composing, identify and control ways instruments make pitch and tempo.
- Play with increased control and expression.
In RE we will:
- Understand how people express faith through art
- Explore how colour demonstrates religious ideas
- How music is used in worship
- How drama expresses faith
In Art we will:
Drawing: Giacometti Study
- Select appropriate tools independently .
- Use perspective.
- Continue to use proportion
- Use techniques to represent movement.
- Develop use of light and shade to make things appear 3D
Sculpture : Wire and Papier Mache human form
- Create figurative human forms in the style of Giacometti
- Exploring form and perspective.
- Use frameworks to provide stability and form.
In DT we will:
- Prepare and cook a vegetable lasagne using seasonal, local vegetables.
- Prepare food hygienically and safely using a heat source.
- Improve skills cutting, peeling, grating, mixing and spreading
- Know the nutritional makeup of foods cooked